September 6th, 2007
The Shipper’s application is titled “Retail License Application Parts I and II” (rev. 06/2007).
Please follow the steps below to ensure your application can be processed and approved in a timely manner. Applicants must have already completed the VA Sales Tax Application and received a VA sales tax number.
RETAIL LICENSE APPLICATION – PART I
- Specify type of license applied for as “Wine Shipper Out-of-State” (question 8 )
- Select “Shipper” as Type of Business (question 15)
RETAIL LICENSE APPLICATION – PART II
- Specify type of license applied for as “Wine Shipper “Out-of-State” (question 2)
- Questions 4-5 and 7-9 are not applicable
- Question 6 requires a “general statement” only
- Only 2 parts of question 10 apply. Attach a copy of the FEIN certificate and a copy of your VA sales tax certificate.
- Question 18 is not applicable
- Posting and Publishing and ABC Notice Sections are not applicable (pages 9-11)
Attach the following documents to your application:
- Charter for your corporation or LLC
- Articles of Incorporation for your corporation, or Articles of Organization for your LLC
- Alcoholic beverage license from your state, if applicable
- Copy of Federal alcohol basic permit
- The completed personal data sheet, as found in the application, for each officer, director, or shareholder owning 10% or more of the stock. Although a criminal history is not required, the completed sheets for all of the above persons are necessary to complete the process
- Brand names of product for shipment
- If shipping products from other than your winery, letter giving approval for shipment from brand owner
- If your product is already sold in Virginia, letter to Virginia wholesaler(s) currently distributing your product informing them of your application for a license
- Federal COLA (Certificate of Label Approval) for each brand you intend to ship, if not already a brand being sold in Virginia
- The license tax per year is $65.00, which is in addition to the application fee of $65.00.