Effective Monday, June 16, 2014, New Mexico went live with their TAP online filing system for Combined Reporting System (CRS) returns. Taxpayers who file the CRS return, regardless of if they currently file paper or electronically, will need to take action to create an account with the new system if they wish to file online. Filers that currently file this return online using the old NM E-Filing Services system please note: your current login and account set up in the older system will not transfer over to the new TAP system; you must register for a new account.
What you need to know about this changeover:
- If you file by paper for the CRS Return:
- No action is required, you can continue to file by paper. If you’d like to begin filing online, follow the steps outlined below to get set up with an account. Some tax accounts are required to file online; review this Tax Professionals page for more information.
- If you efile your CRS Return and have not yet filed for the current reporting period:
- You must create a TAP account and file this return before July 25, 2014; you will not be able to file using the old system.
To register for a New Mexico TAP account:
- Go to the New Mexico TAP Website and “Sign Up”
- Follow the prompts requested by the site; make sure you have:
- A valid email address. Each TAP profile requires a unique email address.
- A valid federal ID number such as a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Letter ID from correspondence mailed to you within the last 90 days; or Information pertaining to the business account you wish to sign up for
Questions? Comments? We’d love to hear from you! We are always available at Support@ShipCompliant.com or you can call us during the week at (303) 996-2356.